Nice to Meet You!
Hey there! Welcome to my online home! I hope this is a place of encouragement for you, but I don’t want it to stop there. As you roam these pages, I want to help you discover the magnificence and life-changing power in God’s Word. Scripture alone holds the ability to change us, humble us and make us stand in complete awe and wonder of our majestic Creator. I know this because God’s Word did those exact things in me.
God’s Story for My Life
Over the course of my life, I can identify specific scriptures that have carried me through seasons of hardship, refined me in seasons of pruning or left me standing in awe of my Savior. Let me share a few of those with you:
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 – This scripture was the very first scripture I ever memorized. I was a freshman in high school facing temptations typical to teenagers. I found this scripture and it helped me resist a specific temptation that continually threatened me. My eyes were opened, for the very first time, to the power of God’s Word.
- Isaiah 40:29-31 – These words were printed on large banners that hung on the walls of my student ministry building. Every Sunday and Wednesday, throughout high school, I’d see this scripture. The promise and hope of those words were etched on my heart and remain there to this day.
- Philippians 2:5-11 – One summer during college, I worked in the kitchen at a Christian athletic camp. Working behind the counter wasn’t where I wanted to be. I desired the more glamorous role of camp counselor being with the campers. However, God wanted to work a servant-hearted nature into me. He did that through this scripture showing me how Jesus lived as a servant always placing others before Himself.
- Proverbs 27:17 – Fast-forward a bit into my current season of motherhood. Recently, as I struggled with disciplining two toddlers an astonishing amount of anger and frustration came spewing out of my lips onto my son and daughter. My sin was clear and apparent, but God in His abundant grace brought me to this scripture helping me control my words and temper, which altered the course of my relationship with my kiddos. God’s Word got in me and absolutely changed me.
- 2 Corinthians 10:5 – My thoughts constantly wage war against me. I struggle with comparison, self-doubt and a slew of insecurities, but this scripture has trained me and taught me what to do with my thoughts. My thought life is something I continually battle, but these words have given me victory.
Time and time again, I’ve seen the fruit of God’s Word in my life and I want that for you too. God has called me to teach women about Him and His Word and I love it. I absolutely love it. Nothing fills me up quite like getting to open the pages of scripture and teach others. I am completely unfit for this type of calling, but I know that God alone qualifies me, equips me and sustains me to do this work.
The Wonder of His Word
I believe in the power and life-changing work of scripture. This power and life change can be for you too if you let God’s Word seep into your being. We miss so much wonder in God’s Word because we’re too busy or looking for a quick fix to our circumstances. In order to see transformation in our life through God’s Word, we must spend time with it. Sit with it. Let God’s Word get IN us. I hope that as a result of us spending time together, you would be able to do just that!
My Everyday Life
I am a transplant Floridian but an Okie at heart. I was born and raised in Oklahoma and love that place. I am married to an incredible man who constantly shows me what it means to be servant-hearted. We have two kiddos, a boy and a girl, and are in the thick of peanut butter and jellies, sounding out the word c-a-t, airing up soccer balls and learning ballet positions. We have a golden retriever named Norman (named after my college town) who has the patience of Job.
I have a healthy love for cheese, an unhealthy love for college football and I constantly count down the days until the Florida heat dissipates and temps hit 60 degrees (you would be correct in guessing that I do a LOT of counting)!
I’m so glad you’re here and I look forward to connecting with you!